Almost a month later, I'm ready to tell you all about my birthday party. As I said in my last post, I wasn't the happiest camper most of the day. It turned out that I had an ear and throat infection, but Mom and Dad didn't know that until they took me to the doctor on Monday morning. So, even though I wasn't feeling up to par, the party went on. Man, I can't wait til I can talk and tell them what's wrong!
As most of you know, Mom decided that I didn't need anything for my birthday. She said something abotu me having waaaay too much stuff, and you know, the more I think about it, the more I agree. I can barely remember what all toys I have to play with these days. So, she asked all the party guests to bring food for kids who aren't as blessed as me. It's really hard to think that some children go to bed hungry, or without clothes and diapers, when I have so many things.
The food drive went great! We got so many items donated and we're taking them to Faith, Hope and Love soon to give to the children that attend the afterschool program there. I can't wait to help others out in the same way. I'm already starting to think about what we can do for Christmas!
The party itself was awesome. My Mom and Dad did a pretty good job of decorating and getting stuff together:
but my friend Chrissy did an AMAZING job on the birthday cake that everyone else ate. I'm really not sure why I didn't get to eat some of that cake, but Mom said it was because I had my VERY own and it was a special birthday cake for the special birthday boy. Here's the one Chrissy made:
and don't forget, here's the silly hat that mom made me wear:
and this is what I thought about it....
Obviously, I wasn't really that into it... but here were a few things that I did enjoy:
| playing with NaNa and these fun balls |
| Getting really messy |
| eating my sweet peas |
| and sleeping the day away in my Mama's lap |
As you can see, I had a day filled with mixed emotions... from unsure to exhaustion. However, everyone else seemed to have a good time.
Now, what most people don't know, is that on Friday, the actual day of my birthday, we had a family gathering for pizza and cake at our house. Nana T and Papa T, Danny, Nana P, Uncle William, Miss Ashalee and Luke came over. Again, I was not feeling well and to top it all off, I was sleepy. Here are a few photos of my actual birthday:
![]() |
| NaNa P left Mom a rose because it was birth-giving day for her! |
![]() |
| The day started off okay, with Mom snapping a photo first thing. |
![]() |
After Mom got home, I got to put on my Birthday boy shirt! It says "1" because that's how many I am now! |
![]() |
| NaNa P is the only one who could make me happy. |
![]() |
| Luke came over and we wrestled. I won! |
Then it was time for cake, and I was not real happy about it... to make things worse, when Mom put the hat on me, I popped myself with the rubber band that holds it on. IT HURT! Here's the reaction that my Uncle William so skillfully caught, right after the incident.
Even though it wasn't fun, it's pretty funny to see that Mommy might have been more upset than I was... not sure who was more hurt.
Here's Mommy dancing to make me feel better:
and this is how well it worked: '
So, even though you can't tell, I had a pretty good birthday all in all. These days, things are getting back to normal. I went to the doctor, got some antibiotics, and I'm feeling much better. We changed babysitters last week. I'm drinking from a cup now and learning to feed myself. Life is marching on!
Next update: the pumpkin patch!!! Catch ya'll soon!














Dear Porter,
ReplyDeleteSorry that I couldn't make it to your birthday party. It looks like you had lots of fun. I'm still getting used to this BIG world and all the BIG people who live at my house. Pretty soon I will be coming to the nursery at church and maybe we can play.
See ya later,
Addyson Lovely