Welcome to my blog! I'm Porter Jay Thompson, and I am eight months old! I'm going to use this blog to keep everyone updated about my life. Sometimes it's hard for Mommy and Daddy to remember the new things I did and what I've learned from day to day, so this will be a way to help everyone keep track. After all, I'm growing up VERY quickly.
It seems like we're already behind, because there have been eight months go by that I haven't blogged about. That's okay! We'll just pick up right where we are and I'll try to give you some history along the way.
For starters, here's what has been happening this Spring:
Mommy finally graduated from her Master's program last month. She was a student at the University of Arkansas, Clinton School of Public Service. Here's a picture of me, Mommy and Daddy at her graduation ceremony. All of our family came to watch, including Nana P, Uncle Keith, Uncle William, Miss Ash-a-lee, Nana T, Papa T, and even Mommy's bosss/friend Suzy and her husband. It was such a fun day!
This whole graduate school thing has been a long and bumpy road for my Mommy, but she did it in two years! Here's a picture of her and Daddy when she first started grad school, before I was in the picture. Apparently, they had just moved all of Mommy's things into an apartment in Little Rock so she could start school there in August of 2008. Not really sure why Daddy is wearing pearls, but hey, we Thompson men can rock classy:
I've been told that this was a very difficult time because Mommy and Daddy were not living in the same place. Daddy had to work in Atlanta at the firestation, and Mommy's school kept her in Little Rock. Good thing I wasn't around! Speaking of me.. It wasn't long before Mommy was telling everyone that I was on the way. Thank goodness, because this is MY blog, and already there has been too much of it without me!! Here's a picture of time when Mommy and Daddy visited their friends Marcus, Marcy and Ethan Whatley in San Antonio. I was a little bump in Mommy's tummy:
Apparently, soon after they took this trip, Mommy and I had to go on a trip for her school work. She was supposed to do an International Service Project and she had chosen to travel to Belize City, Belize in the Carribean. Of course, she had to take me with her, and it was an exciting time for everyone (maybe a little scary for everyone except me). This is when I developed a love for travelling (on planes, boats, buses, and in taxis) and also where I learned to tolerate the heat. It was so hot there! Here's a picture of Mommy and I on the beach at a place called Caye Paradise: 

Man, I could have really gotten used to that place! Oh by the way, that's Flat Brad in the picture with us. Flat Brad is a version of Flat Stanley, and if you want to find out what that is, you can go here.
So, let's see... after Belize, Mommy and I came home and then my parents spent a lot of time working on my room. That's kind of funny now, because a few months after I was born Mommy and Daddy bought a house and moved, so all their work was left behind. :( Oh well, I liked my old room while I had it. Here's a picture of my room all ready for me to be born (I especially like the fireman monkey):
Fast forward a few months... I was supposed to be born on September 29, 2009... but I guess God had other plans, because I never came on my own! In fact, by September 31st, I still wasn't here. By that point, Mommy was pretty anxious. Here's a picture of Mom and Dad the night before I was born:
So.... yea.... I'm glad that Mommy didn't look like that for long! She might fall over at any moment. Also, wonder why Dad looks like he has been the pregnant one for nine months, all scrubbed out in his work out shorts and rockin' the white tee. Come on, Dad! We do better.
Anyways, I'll lay off of the two of them for a while. On to more important things, here's ME right after I was born, hanging out with Nana P. She's a pretty cool lady:
Good lookin' guy, huh? Well, here's me snoozin' at the hospital:
Well, we're by no means caught up... but it's a good start. At least I have gotten us to the point that I am in this world, and after all, I am the most important thing. So, for now I'll leave you guys to ponder how the last eight months have gone for me, my poor parents, and my dog Jax. Lots has happened since I was this little bity guy! Don't worry... more soon.
In the mean time, I'd like to leave you with the words in one of my favorite books. Mom reads it all the time before bed:
“Hop on Pop” by Dr. Seuss
UP PUP Pup is up.
CUP PUP Pup in cup.
PUP CUP Cup on pup.
MOUSE HOUSE Mouse on house.
HOUSE MOUSE House on mouse.
ALL TALL We all are tall.
ALL SMALL We all are small.
ALL BALL We all play ball.
BALL WALL Up on a wall.
ALL FALL Fall off the wall.
DAY PLAY We play all day.
NIGHT FIGHT We fight all night.
HE ME He is after me.
HIM JIM Jim is after him.
SEE BEE We see a bee.
SEE BEE THREE Now we see three.
THREE TREE Three fish in a tree.
Fish in a tree? How can that be?
RED RED They call me Red.
RED BED I am in bed.
RED NED TED and ED in BED
PAT PAT they call him Pat.
PAT SAT Pat sat on hat.
PAT CAT Pat sat on cat.
PAT BAT Pat sat on bat.
NO PAT NO Don’t sit on that.
SAD DAD BAD HAD Dad is sad.
Very, very sad.
He had a bad day. What a day Dad had!
THING THING What is that thing?
THING SING That thing can sing!
SONG LONG A long, long song.
Good-by, Thing. You sing too long.
WALK WALK We like to walk.
WALK TALK We like to talk.
HOP POP We like to hop.
We like to hop on top of Pop.
STOP You must not hop on Pop.
Mr. BROWN Mrs. BROWN
Mr. Brown upside down.
Pup up. Brown down.
Pup is down. Where is Brown?
WHERE IS BROWN? THERE IS BROWN!
Mr. Brown is out of town.
BACK BLACK Brown came back.
Brown came back with Mr. Black.
SNACK SNACK Eat a snack.
Eat a snack with Brown and Black.
JUMP BUMP He jumped. He bumped.
FAST PAST He went past fast.
WENT TENT SENT He went into the tent.
I sent him out of the tent.
WET GET Two dogs get wet.
HELP YELP They yelp for help.
HILL WILL Will went up hill.
WILL HILL STILL Will is up hill still.
FATHER MOTHER SISTER BROTHER
That one is my other brother.
My brothers read a little bit.
Little words like If and it.
My father can read big words, too.
Like CONSTANTINOPLE and TIMBUKTU
SAY SAY What does this say?
seehemewe
patpup pop
hethreetreebee
tophopstop
Ask me tomorrow but not today.







No comments:
Post a Comment