Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm back and ready to go!

Last week was rough. Usually, I don't let a few coughs and sniffles get me down, but last week I just didn't feel well. Mom and Dad finally took me to the doctor on Tuesday, and he said I had the MEASLES!!!

I'm not sure what this means really, but I heard a lot about this measles word last week. The way everyone was talking, you would have thought I lost my blanket or something... you know, the soft green and blue blanket that I take everywhere. Yea, that thing is pretty special. It makes me feel cozy and nice and I always feel safe when I have my blanket around. SPeaking of that blanket, I should really get to looking for it.....

Anyway, the measles. Apparently, after my one year check up (which went very well I might add) Mom and Dad decided they didn't like me very much. So, they let a mean old nurse (who is usually very sweet) stick me with a bunch of needles. It hurt very bad!!! I'm told that those needles were supposed to keep me from getting sick. Little did they know, that they were actually going to make me sick! Whatever was in those prickly things gave me the measles! I hate shots!!

The measles made me very sleepy and I didn't want to do anything. I didn't feel like eating, or crawling around. I didn't even want to play with my new toys that I got for my birthday that Mom and Dad haven't let me open yet. All I wanted to do when I had the measles was lay around with Mom and cuddle up in my blanket.

So, after the Doctor said I had the measles, Mom took off work for three whole days and we played, and cuddled, and slept a lot. Having the measles was the best thing EVER!

I know there are a lot of other things I need to catch you up on in my life, but I thought measles were by far the most interesting. To end, I will leave with a quote about the measles. I 'm not sure what it means, but when I googles "quotes about measles" this came up. I just love google:

Golf, like measles, should be caught young.
P. G. Wodehouse 

No comments:

Post a Comment